I meant it when I said that the Philippines was a beautiful country. I believed that then and I still believe it, especially now that I have had the priviledge of seeing its beauty up close.
I saw things I thought I would have to have deep pockets to see. That was actually the best thing about it. It was traveling at its finest.
This summer, I saw the province of Bohol. It was beautiful.



I've always wondered what traveling was. People have always made a distinction between a tourist and a traveler. They say a tourist, with their noses stuck on their guide books and maps, don't know what they're missing. Travelers, meanwhile, are those who don't know where they're going.
I don't exactly know what I was. And I can't say I found out what traveling really meant during this trip. I just knew I was discovering things I didn't know about 'til then. Whether that made for a tourist or a traveler, I didn't really care. I just enjoyed the ride.
* Photo credits (from top): Photos of the Visayan sunrise by Leny Longasa. Photos from Balicasag Island and Virgin Island by Paul Garcia. Photos of the Bohol man-made forest and the Boholano panorama by Michael Traje. Boat sail photo by Paul Garcia. Dusk photos by Rachelle de Leon.

Name:












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home